Lawrence Timmons suspended indefinitely by Dolphins after going AWOL

The Miami Dolphins have suspended Lawrence Timmons indefinitely after missing the team’s season opener against the Chargers, the team announced on Tuesday.

The Dolphins filed a missing persons report with police in Los Angeles this past weekend for Timmons, per TMZ. Timmons was reportedly not in his hotel room the night before the game at bed check, before being found by police at LAX.

The indefinite suspension perhaps shouldn’t be too much of a surprise. Head coach Adam Gase declined to comment on the situation on Monday. But when asked about his tolerance for a violation of those rules, he said via ESPN, “What do you think?” he said. “I’ve got two rules. It’s not hard.”

And that’s not all. Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio says that the team knew Cravens was planning to report, and it’s possible Cravens will still show up at Washington’s facility on Tuesday.

The team initially put Cravens on the exempt/left squad list to give him time to decide what he wanted to do about his future, and he was expected to miss about a month of playing time. Placing him on the reserve/left squad list does free up a roster spot for Washington, but it still retains the rights to Cravens.

Deshazor Everett has taken over Cravens’ spot on the depth chart. Everett has 10 tackles over Washington’s first two games.

Cravens cannot return to the team or participate in any team activities for the rest of the season. The 22-year-old safety has been rehabbing a knee that required minor offseason surgery to clean up some meniscus damage, but he had been medically cleared to play in Week 1.

Injuries also held him back in his rookie season. Cravens suffered a concussion and a torn bicep, and he reportedly began to consider retirement at that time.

Cravens was drafted by Washington in the second round of the 2016 NFL draft. He started three games in his rookie season, contributing 34 tackles, one sack, and one pick.saints_014-223x223

Dolphins-Buccaneers won’t be played in Miami Sunday as Irma looms

The Miami Dolphins will not play their regular-season opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Hard Rock Stadium on Sunday due to the threat of Hurricane Irma, the NFL announced Tuesday.

Mike Nugent, Josh Lambo and Marshall Koehn all worked out for the Raiders on Monday, a source told ESPN’s Field Yates. All three kickers lost position battles over the weekend.

Price, who is 6-3 and 318 pounds, is viewed as a run-stopping defensive tackle. He played in just one game last season for the Packers and spent time on the practice squad. The Indianapolis Colts attempted to add him to their active roster last year but he chose to remain on the Green Bay practice squad after the Packers upped his salary.

Brady, addressing his wife’s comments in August, did not confirm he suffered a concussion in 2016.

“I don’t want to get into things that happened in my past, certainly medical history and so forth. I really don’t think that’s anybody’s business,” Brady said last month. “What happened last year — I’m focused on this year and improving and working on things I need to get better at. So that’s how I approach everything.

“I’m not sitting here worried about last year or five years ago. There are other people that do worry about that — my wife, or my parents, or my sisters, people that love me and care about me. But I do the best I can do to be prepared to play — mentally and physically — and I give the game everything I can.”

raptors_141

Bryce Petty’s growing pains, O-line injuries will turn Jets into fish food

Their quarterback is so green that he struggles to read the most basic blitzes. Their offensive line is down three starters and likely will have to play its fourth-string right tackle. Their secondary is missing two starters, including the guy who runs the show.

Yes, the New York Jets could be in serious trouble Saturday night against the Miami Dolphins. If coach Todd Bowles figures out a way to win this game, he’d deserve a public vote of confidence from owner Woody Johnson — and a nice Christmas bonus, too.

The game means everything to the contending Dolphins (8-5) and nothing to the Jets (4-9), so would anybody be shocked if this turns into another prime-time laugher? Not me.

Five thoughts on the game, which kicks off at 8:25 p.m. at MetLife Stadium:

The Jets were charmed last season with injuries — only 19 games-lost among the starters. This season, they’re guaranteed to have a minimum of 75 games lost. The loss of safety Marcus Gilchrist (season-ending knee injury) hurts the defense because he calls the signals for the secondary.

The offensive line has absorbed some huge hits. In fact, the projected line in the spring — Ryan Clady, James Carpenter, Nick Mangold, Brian Winters and Breno Giacomini — hasn’t played a single snap together. And won’t.

“Bad luck,” Bowles said.

Welcome Matt: Replacing the injured Ryan Tannehill (knee), Matt Moore will come out of mothballs to make his first start since the 2011 finale. Remember that game? You should. It came against the Jets on the day of the infamous Santonio Holmes meltdown. Moore is a cagey veteran who came off the bench in 2012 to beat the Jets at MetLife. He likes to take chances and the Jets think he’s prone to interceptions. We’ll see.

First-quarter blues: The Jets have fallen behind, 14-0, in each of the last two games. The 49ers scored touchdowns on their second and sixth plays, the Indianapolis Colts the seventh and 11th. Bowles can spin it any way he wants, but the slow starts shine a harsh light on the preparation. For a change, how ’bout an early lead?